There are so many great blogs out there! And I found another one at All the Weigh. She posted this great questionnaire she found, and I thought to do it on my blog as well. It is not always easy to put yourself out there, but I hope I can inspire someone like I have been. Feel free to post on your own blog post. If you do, let me know so I can drop by :)
1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight? (sigh) My highest weight was 325 lbs. ( I was/am carrying another person around with me) I weight 294 lbs right now. I've lost 30 lbs to date. My goal weight is 175lbs. Why? Because with that weight... it is attainable, I will be out of the plus size clothes, I will wt less than my hubby, anything smaller than that will just be gravy :)
2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?
My husband and children are my motivation. They deserve a mommy/wife who isn't just trying to get by, whose sitting on the bench and watching them enjoy life. I don't want my husband to find himself raising three children by himself because his wife died of obese related diseases. They deserve me doing everything I can possibly do to be healthy as I can be.
3. Have you always been overweight?
I was the "chunky" kid who became the "fat" kid who became " the biggest kid in the pack". Looking back, I can see I made not have been the tiny girl but I was a healthy girl with a little more weight. But my poor self esteem and body image took me down the road to bindge eatting, crash diets,to self hatred of "why can't I be like her syndrome". As the years have gone by, the weight had piled on. I am the queen of Yo-Yo Diets.
4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?
Complements from my hubby is a big one for me. Another is trying on some of my older clothes. It's nice knowing how tight a pair of pants once were and then seeing how they just fall off of me.
5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?
Going on our next vacation at the beach and actually swim and play with the kiddos in the sand. This past summer, I was the beached whale in black under the umbrella, wrapped in a towel. A personal goal for me is shopping at the mall. Right now, the only place I can go is Fashion Bug.
6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?
Yes, from my family, my friends, my blogland friends. I'm thankful for the support you guys have shown me through this journey.
7. What is your favorite exercise?
I love using my Wii Fit Plus. It is low impact and keeps me interested. I hope to do more as I lose weight and can move pain free.
8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?
I can't do this myself. I need support and accountability. I NEED to write down everything eat!!! I need to stay away from my trigger foods ie. pizza, fried chicken, cookies, ice cream (those are my top four, see!!! I couldn't even pick just three!!!)
9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?
see question 8, lol!!!
10. What is your strategy for losing weight?
I eat proper portions and exercise. All my other tips are in THIS POST if you want to check them out!
Just keeping it real...;)