Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Favorite Card to Make

Do you make your own cards?  They are easy to do and you can make a bunch for just pennies.  I went to the store the other day and was shocked at how much a card was?!?!?! I wanted to show you a card fold that I just love! It is called a gatefold card and you see them around quite a bit. For this card, you can make it any size you want.
  • I started with a 5 x10 piece of cardstock.
  • Score in 2 1/2 " on either side, giving you a 5 inch base.
  • Then cut you pattern paper a 1/4" shorter ie : cut (2) 2 1/4 and (1) 4 3/4
  • Adhere the papers to the base
  • Decorate the inside of your card
  • Then cut a second piece of cardstock for "gate" part of your card
  • I cut mine 3 x4
  • Adhere it to the left flap of your base card
  • Decorate/embellish it like you want
There you go! A very easy card to make, esp in any size and shape :)

No comments:

Post a Comment